.The Art of Becoming Myself.

Love it all. The Fear, the excitement, the guilt, the power for change. The unworthiness, the hurt feelings, the euphoric feelings, the anger, the movement, the whole process. It's known as Life.

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Week 2

Why do 3 miles seem so hard, while 5, 6, 7 don't seem that bad? I don't get it. I ran 5 last Saturday and I don't remember it being "hard" but last night I ran 3.5 and I thought I might pass out. The first mile is the worst for me. Constantly looking at the clock, constantly looking at my pace, constantly wishing I wasn't running. Mile 2 pretty much flew by and the last mile is always SLOW but good because it's countdown time! So far this week, I've run 7 miles and tonight I plan on cross training on either the elliptical or the stair climber for 40 minutes. Tomorrow I shall rest, then do 5 miles on Saturday.

The other night I looked into our over stuffed vegetable drawer in the refrigerator and realized I had some produce that was fast approaching death. I cut up tons of mushrooms, a yellow pepper, and onion and sauteed it with a clove of garlic, some red pepper flakes, some lemon juice, some Rotel tomatoes, and a little salt and pepper. I warmed up some refried beans, cut some cilantro, black olives, lettuce, and a few roma tomatoes. Layered everything in a tortilla, poured on some salsa and a small dalop of reduced fat sour cream and made the best burrito ever. I ate one of those and then took the various toppings and put it over a corn tostada. I could eat Mexican food 7 days a week I think. Fresh, healthy, and very very easy. (this may or may not offset the 5 boxes of girl scout cookies I ordered.)


Hope the week is going well for everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment